Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer!

So, I almost feel like a kid enjoying summer vacation! In the fall Audrey is starting pre-school (time has flown by way too fast for that girl.. Can't believe she's 4!) and I've been loving spending time with my kiddos and as a family. Since it's almost August, which means September is right around the corner I thought I'd post an update on what we've been doing this summer:

First Pillow Mattress
Me- I have been doing quite a few sewing projects and things around the house that have bothered me but I haven't had time to tackle. One thing I am proud of making is a pillow mattress for Audrey (and at least 2 more to follow eventually). I couldn't find any real instructions online, but with basic measurements, a pillow and sheer determination --- I did it! :)(Most of the time I'm behind the camera.. so, I don't have too many photos of myself.)

Audrey @ Idlewild Park
Audrey -- She has been enjoying going to see movies at Leitersburg (with Landon and myself), spending time and play dates with friends and getting ready for pre-school. We went to Idlewild park for the day and she had a blast getting on every ride she could. She has also been using her creative juices and making all kinds of pictures, or writing notes. It's been fun, and bittersweet, to see her grow up the last few months I've been home with her. The more I am with her, the more I realize she is like me... Makes me think twice before I correct or do something that could hurt her or her feelings.



Landon -- I love that little boy :) He is, for the most part, such a pleasant little man and has recently discovered how fun self play can be. YAY! He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That theme song can come on and he will look for that mouse. So cute. He is recently figured out how to move in the walker.. Watch your toes and heels when you visit!!! 


And, Shannon -- He's been watching the Buccos on TV and in the stadium and loving what he's been seeing! I think he's also enjoyed having his nights/weekends back to spend with his family. I've enjoyed it because he can go back on chef duty :)

2 comments: