Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nail polish and lip gloss

I recently started to get a Birchbox. If you have no idea what a Birchbox is, let me tell you - it's an amazing box that comes to your home once a month with 5-6 sample items to try. It's a $10 monthly subscription, but I am loving it! I love trying something new, plus it helps keep my checking account at a higher balance :)

My husband has gently told me my blog tends to be on the darker side.. It happens. I have too many thoughts rolling in my head and those thoughts have to come out. So, in an effort to look at the happier things in life I am going to try to blog about other aspects of my life - cosmetics, knitting, crochet, beading... and who knows what else! 

From my October box, I have only tried 2 of my 5 items - a nail polish from Essie and lip gloss from Naked Princess. The nail polish - ugh. Let me start by saying for over a year I have been using gelish polish and I LOVE it. I can have a nice manicure for at least a week if not longer (depending on the shade). Because of that I have turned into a nail polish snob. I like my polish to last at least a day. The Essie didn't :( I may not have done a decent application but it started to chip later the same day. Boo. It has a nice application, I like the color, but it just didn't last for me. I'm always washing my hands, washing dishes, cleaning up messy faces/hands... 
BUT... the lip gloss... oh man, did I like the lip gloss! Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss. O-M-G. It's soft, it's moisturizing, it's NOT sticky.. It's a light color with some plumping (that I really don't need, but whatever) benefits as well. This may be something that goes into my cart! REALLY liked it. 

So, there are 3 items still waiting to be used.. Stay tuned :) (photos to come. I'm too lazy to take the pictures right now and post!)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so maybe you'll know the answer to this problem. I really like to have sun block in my moisturizer, and I like Mary Kay's product. However, the marketing situation drives me batty. Other things I've tried are greasy. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB Creams!!! They do so much. I have used Cover Girl, Too Faced, and Boscia. I like Too Faced, but I use Cover Girl more often because it's cheaper.

    ReplyDelete