Friday, November 16, 2012

What have I been up to....??

I am so excited to tell you JUST that! Ha. About a month ago I started taking a knitting class in town. I have been wanting to learn how to knit, and YouTube just wasn't helping me at all. I have learned so much in the past month! My first project was a washcloth and I couldn't tell you how many times I ripped it apart and started over. So it has a big hole in it, but I didn't want to start over when I had less than 10 rows to go (whole thing was 60ish). Anyway, it's done, we use it, and I feel more confident about basic knitting stitches. 

Second project was, and still is, a pair of pedicure socks. One is done and the other will be started within the next week or so. 

Within the past month I have also toyed with the idea of making craft items to sell. Starting with some basics - hats, scarves, flowers.. My latest find and fun thing to make are fingerless gloves/mittens. Kinda love them!

In my bag of tricks I have accumulated quite the collection of items -- above mentioned, and add to that fingerless gloves, knitted headbands (LOVE these!), and I'm about to make a prototype coffee sleeve. I'm not sure what may be added, or where this will take me/us, but I love being able to create things. 

OMG I forgot - add to that some basic beading. If you or someone you know has a teething infant I TOTALLY recommend an amber teething necklace. If you have chronic pain (I broke both my wrists in elementary school, 3rd and 4th grade, do a lot of needle crafts - see above - and I have a lot of pain in my wrists in the winter months... Even with adding more crafts, my wrists don't feel as bad as they normally "should". I have been wearing amber bracelets on each for about 2 months.) I also recommend Amber. There are so many healing properties in a number stones. Have an ailment? Let me know and we can talk. 

Wanna see things on a regular basis from me? Become a fan of my facebook page here --- Brandie's Basket. Catchy name, huh? I like it :) 

Have a great day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment