Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ugh. The humidity! The curls! The fly aways! What is a girl to do!?

So, my amazing stylist, Katie from Roots Salon (go see her. She's kind of amazing. And I've known her FOREVER) told me about a new line from Redken. Let me first of all tell you a little about my hair.
1. It's wavy, but it's also developed some weird textures/habits since I've had two babies. It's changed after both kiddos were born. Not a fan, but pregnancy does this!
2. Totally color treated. After I became pregnant with Landon I noticed some grays coming. (tears.) Oh well. It happens.
3. I'm lazy and cheap.

That being said --- When I have time, I love my hair flat-ironed, but seriously. I have zilch time unless Landon is asleep. Even then, there is always a chance only half my head would be finished. However, it's so much easier for me to wash, towel dry, slap on some product, and roll. I'll be honest - I'm usually running late. I try, but it's hard some days. Roots Salon had a sample package of Redken Curls. I am so glad I picked this up!! A try me size of shampoo, conditioner, mousse-like product, diffuser, and some instruction. 

-Shampoo is a low sud shampoo, but I like it. It was weird to use because I'm used to some serious lather, but I like the results!
-Conditioner is very similar to what I am used to. Like it.
-Mousse - not like a puffy, touch and it vanishes. Website describes it as a foam wax. Little tacky, but kind of amazing.

My dear, sweet, fellow curly haired ladies - give it a try! I'm really liking the results! Enjoy and embrace the curls!

1 comment:

  1. i was laughing the whole time i read this, because in my head i can hear your voice and see your expressions!!!!! lol
    love you,
    Jenn <3

    ReplyDelete