Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18

There are some days that I dread seeing them on the calendar.. today is one of those days. I'm reminded of what happened 30 years ago and how little I really do know about the individuals that gave me my genes. Today I try to avoid driving as much as possible, I stay home and reflect. For most of us, we are busy getting ready for Christmas. It's a week away... but there are individuals all around us that are also thinking of those we miss this holiday season. 

This year, I am also thinking of the families that lost dear ones in CT. I pray God's love, compassion and grace will envelop those families that are hurting. The innocence of the first snow, the magic of Christmas lights, the carols, the time of reflection. 

To those of you who attend holiday parties -- be smart. So much can be lost in the blink of an eye... 

Make memories while you are able to do so. Take the time to form and keep family traditions this season. Revel in the wonder of this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment