Friday, February 8, 2013

So, here's what's going on...

  1. We are planning to move. We are planning to make a move about 30 minutes away from our current location. It will be closer to my husband's job. I feel weird putting we are moving to THIS town on my blog.. so if you really want to know, email me. 
  2. Our home has signage, a listing, and ready to be viewed by potential buyers. It's weird seeing our home with photos of our stuff for others to see. I know it's a good thing for us as a family, but it's been an emotional week for me. I feel like the sign in our front yard is staring at me. If you know someone looking for a home, let me know. It may be a match!
  3. I have picked up a part time job. I'm a barista. Never thought I would say those words!!! It's been an experience learning how to use an espresso machine, but I may have to buy one now. Slightly addicted to it. That may go on my Christmas list this year. Or, I'll put back money and buy it for myself.
  4. We have found a home we L-O-V-E. It's in a new development, price is negotiable, and it has a lot of what we would want or need to have the potential to stay as our kiddos grow up. We could see ourselves there. And it felt like home. Very similar feeling we got when we saw our current home almost 10 years ago.
  5. And now, we wait. We are, who am I kidding, SHANNON, is talking to lenders about a loan. I'm waiting to get the call about potential buyers and scoop up everyone and get out for a bit. In my spare time (I know, laugh. Spare time, what's that?) I am trying to finish up our painting, and box up the items we probably won't be using the next couple of months. Granted, some of those items may be getting boxed up and going to GoodWill, but it's going to be a process. 
This has been an emotional change for us. This home is where Shannon and I started our marriage, became a family, and then grew as a family. We really do love it here, but we both feel like it's the right thing to do for our family. 

1 comment:

  1. Just keep the packing tape and the scissors together at all times, and drink lots of water. It's going to be great:)

    ReplyDelete