Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Limbo...

First, I don't do well with change. I like the same, the normal, the predictable. Second, I don't like not knowing what is coming, or not having a date attached. Third, I'm ready to finish one chapter in our lives, and start another. 

That being said ..... We had an open house this past weekend. I knew it was okay to be disappointed, when my realtor was ALSO disappointed. Blah. I know this process of moving is just that -- a process. In my/our own (and extremely humble opinion!) we have a beautiful, well-maintained home in a great location. The only downfall of our place is there is no basement, crawlspace, yes, but no basement. (Maybe I should post some photos of the pond that happens next to us when we have crazy amounts of rain... and THAT'S why there is no basement.) However, there is a TON of storage elsewhere. Why in the world do I feel the need to justify my own home? Blah. 

We have some interest, but no offers. We have placed offers, but I am so curious to know what it feels like to read and receive an offer. We know what it's like to be disappointed with a counter offer... but we haven't had the opportunity to make a counter, or flat out accept an offer. 

I'll be honest - I'm frustrated. I thought this was going to be easier. A dear friend reminded me that the right family may not be looking just yet, or just haven't made an appointment to see our home. I'm being selfish and expecting this to happen in MY time. Hey, Bran --- it's not going to.. 

God.. May all things work together and fit together so perfectly that we know it's from You. Place the perfect family into our path and show us the perfect next home for our family. For the billionth time, or so it seems to me, I give this to You. I just realized how impatient I can be, Lord.. I have in my heart that I hope to have the process complete by the time Audrey goes to Kindergarten... it's not even summer yet. Spring is still blooming - as are Your blessings and provisions for us. Thank You for that reminder. As the trees bud, and flowers start to blossom, I am reminded that You are in control. It was the spring time we let go of getting pregnant and now we have the blessing of Landon in our lives and home. I thank You for the opportunities we have been blessed with. Thank You. Your perfect timing, Lord, not our impatient timing. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandie,

    I'm going through the same thing. It is hard to have showing after showing with great feedback, then watch other houses in your neighborhood sell and wonder why your home (which clearly you think is awesome) isn't selling. It's frustrating and a little scary!
    You have a beautiful home and the right family just hasn't looked at it yet. It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always tough when I realize that my kids aren't going to have the perfect childhood I'd imagined. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete