Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rant

Rant blog

So one may think that me being (still!!!!!) a 20-something this wouldn't bother me, but it does. Maybe it's because of where I work or I want to respect others and feel completely disrespected when they do this to me. I don't know but I've gotten more vocal. Still wondering what I'm talking about???


Drive thru, lobby, whatever I hate ... no maybe even loathe people who expect me to complete their transaction while they chat with a friend on their cell phone!!!! Even WORSE is someone on a blue tooth and I don't see it. Are you talking to me?? Then I get the face of - are you kidding me? While they point to the blue tooth. Yes, I do have a cell phone AND a blue tooth but they are used in the right location. If I need to ask a question when I'm at the store, it's quick then focus on the cashier. 

In the lobbies of my bank there is a sign that tells customers to end all cell phone conversations prior to seeing a teller. I am not your maid, do not get my attention by tapping your fingers, and don't tell me to wait. I AM a bank teller, I will process your transaction with ease and get you out the door so you can finish your important phone call. I may ask you to end your call, or wait on the person behind you. There are times I do need to ask questions and I WILL interrupt your phone call ---- ON PURPOSE!!!!!


While I'm ranting..... I do not want to know your personal drama. Quite frankly, I don't care. I will put on a polite smile and pray to God that you quickly leave. Again, I am a bank teller, not a therapist. What you and your family do behind closed doors needs to stay there, please! I beg you. Yes, we do try to develop professional relationships with customers to make sure their needs are being met. But we don't need - or want - to know everything. 

Last, don't be an arse. Here are a few more of my personal pet peeves:


1. No rolled coin in the drive thru means JUST that. At my branch I have to carry my drawer with YOUR rolled coin up stairs, down the hall, open a door with a security code, and then sit it down. It's too heavy. And, no, I will not get rolled coin from my station upstairs for you. 

2. There is a limit as to how much money we can take at certain times. Two examples: after the lobby is closed, you will only get $1,000.00 at the drive thru. Why? We do NOT have unlimited resources. There are other people in the world besides yourself. Second example - there is a chance that the check you are trying to cash, we don't have the currency for you. I had to use this example for a customer yesterday. We order what we need, just like a restaurant. They wouldn't order more food because the food would spoil. We don't order more currency and coin than we need to service our customers. If you want to take out thousands of dollars in currency --- call ahead. 

3. Have your stuff together. It is not my job to fill out your deposit slip. It is my job to verify and make sure it is correct. Don't know how? Ask. We are more than happy to teach how to do things correctly. If you want your bills back a certain way either write it down, or say so BEFORE I start to count back your money. 

4. I am the bank teller. Don't question my job. There are reasons I have to do things a certain way. I want to protect you, your money, and your credit. If it's an odd transaction for you or the check looks funny, I will ask questions. 

5. You are at the bank. I can tell you if the phone company, credit card company, gas company, etc has presented your check. I can not tell you if you are late or if you will have something turned off. 

6. Please and thank you will get you almost whatever you want. Be polite to me and I will be polite to you. Manners will win you over. Try "may I" versus "gimme". 

If you stayed with me until the end, I hope you were able to find humor in my frustrations. I really do enjoy what I do, but there are days I need to vent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment